Barney's Best Biscuits
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 4 tablespoons rendered chicken fat or bacon grease
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pureed carrots or spinach
- 2 cup chicken or beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Dough will be sticky.
Turn dough out on heavily floured board and pat to 1/4 inch thickness.
Cut out cookies with a dog-bone-shaped cutter. Place on greased cookie sheet. Prick with fork.
Bake in 325 degree oven for 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 26 4 1/2 inch "bakers' dozen" dog biscuits.