March 10, 1887
Sagadahock Real Estate Association
founded and incorporated in
the State of Maine.
June 12, 1888
The company purchased its first
building, Sagadahock House at the
corner of Front and Centre Street.
Later destroyed in the fire of 1894
March 10, 1890
Purchased the Granite Block, 86
Front St., and the Union Block, 100
Front St., both destroyed in the
fire 0f 1894.
February 22, 1891
Purchased: Bank Block, 45-53 Front St.
Church Block, 44-48 Front St.
Columbia Block, 176-184 Front St.
Grassey Block, 172-174 Front St.
Elm Street Buildings, 1-23 Elm St.
Kennebec House, 177-187 Front St.
Built new Sagadahock Block and
adjacent buildings on Front and
Centre Streets to replace those
destroyed by Great Fire of 1894.
December 3, 1927
Sold Kennebec Block to City of
Bath as site for new city hall
Rebuilt Columbia Theatre building
at 184 Front Street, after fire
extensively damaged structure.
Razed existing structures at 177-187
Front Street and constructed
supermarket for Great A&P Co.
July 28, 1961
Purchased Lincoln Block, 48-52
Front Street and Trust Building,
11 Centre Street.
April 2, 1971
Purchased W.T. Grant Building
at corner of Centre and Water
February 11, 1981
Purchased Salvation Army Building,
215 Water Street, the original
headquarters building of the Bath
Iron Works at its inception
March 31, 1981
Purchased Moses Block, former
YMCA building at the corner of Front
and Summer Streets.
Renovated the former A & P Supermarket, 185 Front Street,
for Bracketts' Market to relocate to in